What do you think about AppGyver?

Options
Hi, I'am creating this post to understand how people have experiences in other low-code platforms like Adalo, Bubble...

I chose AppGyver because it was purchased by SAP, it gives me peace of mind regarding the development and maturity of the platform.

But it seems to me that there is not much effort not in further developing the platform. Mainly with the documentation and implementation of new features and not to mention the integration with other technologies.

No doubt AppGyver is a great tool, I'm developing my app but with some interruptions due to lack of documentation and sometimes it just doesn't save the project. On some screens I have to try to save 8-10 times for 1 to work.

To conclude this post, I chose the platform for these reasons:
 - Business model, they only charge from the $10m turnover
 - Gives me flexibility to build my components
 - SAP is the owner now (hope this is good)
 - Uses Reactive Native
 - Export to Android, iOS and Web
 - Don't charge me per user

I would like to hear from you if it's worth switching platforms?

(I'm posting some screenshots so you guys have an idea about what the app I'm developing works and what it's like.)
[image.png][image.png][image.png]
[image.png]
[image.png]
[image.png]
[image.png]
[image.png]
[image.png]

[image.png]

Comments

• Daniel Rjeili
    Options
    Amazing, Meus Parabéns! I have an opinion about AppGyver, that is: Powerful and strong and robust logic possibilities and great features, with a significant learning curve. But in the end of the day worths. The best platform is the one that solve “the problem” that you need, so robustness need is linked to the complexity of what you pretend create. Example: AppGyver for just a portfolio page is to much, for this stay with Adalo. From what I saw for your app need stay with AppGyver. Would be nice having other users that tried in production the platforms you mentioned and even others, to compare these “at the field” not only in “dev”. Its just my rumble opinion, I am digging this low code world ( even having dev background ).
  • Denis Presciliano
    Options
    Good point , thanks.
  • Lachlan McPherson
    Options
    Hi Denis,

Nice work with your app so far, it looks like it is coming along nicely. I think Daniel summarised it nicely, it's about whether there are inherent limitations in the platform that are preventing you from building the app you want. This should be the first round of investigating. Once you have functionality/features confirmed you want to look into things such as price, ease of use and integrations and quite importantly feedback about support. (Is there a community, what are their response times like, what is the quality of the response received?) 

A point regarding major acquisitions, in my experience this isn't always a good thing. (Such as SAP purchasing Appgyver) from my experience, I think the most innovative and dynamic companies are generally start-ups. The downside of this is that the platforms generally aren't as built out, but the teams are more inclined to build bespoke features for their client base as they're requested.  
    The larger a company gets, the dilution of knowledge becomes an issue. You have an unengaged staff member providing support and development as opposed to a co-founder that is across the platform end-to-end. Scale certainly creates inefficiency in most circumstances and when big money gets involved it's generally about driving profits instead of customer experience. As it's about getting a return on what they've spent, not solving the problem that the product was originally made for. Which is an entirely different focus. 

Keep us posted on the development of your App, it looks to be a very similar concept to something my business partners and I have discussed but we haven't had the time to go down that path. We may be able to do some work together. 
  • Denis Presciliano
    Options
    Hi Lachklan, thanks for your answer, very precise.
    Let's have a chat.