Don't know how to input objects

Options
Hi there,

I have the following snipped that I want to pass:
[image.png]
And the following inputs and variables defined:
[image.png]
But when I run it, I keep getting an empty object, as if my "organizations_list" wouldn't exist:
[image.png]
and I just can't explain why.... why is the organizations_list not being passed through or recognized as an object? what am I missing?

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hi  -

First, your input organization_list is defined as a single object. You are attempting to pass in an array of objects. You can update your input to be a list structure instead of single when you configure it.

Second, make sure that you define your object schema for the input if you have not already:

[CleanShot 2021-10-04 at 15.42.32.png]
  • Gi Ma
    Gi Ma Member
    Options
    Perfect, this worked just fine!
    Thank you!
  • mohan ramanujam
    Options
     I have a related issue to this old post. The array of objects I am passing in is not associated with a db, it is a object with a couple fields that is a static structure. How do I define the schema using the add. e.g. if my object in the array is {tag_name: , tag_type: }, how would I define this schema
    Thx
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
     I'm assuming you mean your object array is an input - you would just use the same exact method as above. Create and object input and change it from single to list. Then Add your tag_name and tag_type to define the schema structure of the object
  • mohan ramanujam
    Options
     would it be like so (see screenshots)
    [FireShot Capture 171 - Xano - api2.zwsociety.com.png][FireShot Capture 172 - Xano - api2.zwsociety.com.png]
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
     it looks like you are doing an object inside and object... what you described to me is an object array... so looking at my screenshot above, you would just need to create one input that is an object type, change the structure from single to list then define your tag_name and tag_type with Add
  • Alimama
    Alimama Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

The images are no longer visible and it's frustrating. What I am trying to accomplish is to define an object of a table schema type. See below. I have tried all I could and I only get an object of type object not of type employee_job_assignment object. I believe I am missing some details/step, please help.

• Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options

Hi @Alimama - I understand your frustration. We migrated to a new Community platform in October. Unfortunately, our old Community did not export any images or attachments. The text is there, but there are a few posts like this that were aided by images. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Adding an input type of Object should give you an input object type, you are saying this is not the case? Can you please share a video of this?