magic link + ... ?

Options
Hey all,

I'm looking to avoid a whole separate system for protecting whole pages (a la Memberstack).  I get I can protect/authenticate the database with the magic link/basic auth.  But can anyone point me in the direction of a snippet or tutorial that would allow me to block entire pages just using Xano's built-in authentication?  FYI we're using webflow

Thanks!
Mitch

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Authorization will block anyone without a valid auth token to access an API Endpoint. You can add additional preconditions as added enforcement. (Additionally there's also RBAC (Role based access control) if that is applicable to your app) 

if someone tries to land on a page with an authenticated endpoint and they don't have a token, an access denied error will be thrown. But your front-end logic will be responsible for error handling at that point. 
  • Mitch
    Mitch Member
    Options
    The authentication process from an API endpoint perspective makes sense to me.  It's that front-end logic I'm looking for... as in, on page load, call the server and check authentication. If not authenticated, redirect, etc.

In other words, that one function a Memberstack-type platform would give you.  I'm comfortable working with code already written, but from the perspective of knowing what to do... or how that would work... is where I'm looking for guidance.  

Would you happen to know of a front-end protocol I could pop into a webflow page?  I know I could use Auth0 or the like, but I'm really trying to avoid payment schemes that scale with users.  I hate that..... 🙂

Thank you!
  • Mitch
    Mitch Member
    Options
    I did some more digging... looked at the WMX marketplace info and instructions.  I'm using thrivecart to sign people up, so really I'm just looking for an alternative to Memberstack in that WMX... stack for the "restrict access" part.  

After writing that last response, I got an idea on how to search for a solution and found krakenD, an open source project, to explore.  So I'll try that.

But if you or anyone else knows of another recommended, I'd love to know.  Something that would integrate with the sendgrid magic link flow.

Appreciate it