Edit Records API issue

Options
So, this morning I changed one of my fields from "text" to "date", and the POST request associated with it is still working fine.

I wanted to copy this endpoint and use it as a PATCH request so users could edit the existing details if they got anything wrong; but I'm getting this error:

{

code: 
ERROR_CODE_INPUT_ERROR,

param: 
Date_Of_Birth}

In the endpoint, Date_Of_Birth is still showing as text; so I thought that was the problem... but added the table again to that endpoint and Date_Of_Birth still shows as text, so perhaps that isn't it after all.

I've probably done something mind-numbingly obvious wrong if anyone can help... 🙂

Comments

• Paul Gill
    Options
    Actually, even weirder...!

The POST request in Bravo Studio works and sends the info to Xano.  But if I Run and Debug the POST request in XANO, I get this error in there as well:

code: 
    ERROR_CODE_INPUT_ERROR,

param: 
    Date_Of_Birth} 

So presumably it is because I changed the Date_Of_Birth from text to date.

So, I'm confused as to why it's working, but isn't working... if you see what I mean... ;)
  • Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Can you please send a screenshot of how you are trying to input it in Xano
  • Paul Gill
    Options
    Hi Michael Udinski - it's the API endpoint you helped me with the other day - and other than changing Date_Of_Birth to Date rather than text, it's the same. 🙂

What screenshot do you need?  Not quite sure which page woul dbe most useful.
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
    A screenshot of the debugger of what you are inputting that triggers the error
  • Paul Gill
    Options
    Okey dokey.

[Image4.jpg]

[Image1.jpg]
    [xano02.jpg]
    [xano01.jpg]
    I click enable debugger, and the same thing happens... telling me it isn't enabled...
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
    Oh ok so it's just when you're passing a null value in - not when you're passing an actual date value?
  • Paul Gill
    Options
     - ok... so I put a date value in and it wanted more fields populated.  I populated them all in the JSON in Xano, but the output in Xano is blank apart from "0" in user_email and microchip number.

However it's populating fine through Bravo.  Very odd!
  • Paul Gill
    Options
    So I thought I'd move on to the edit profile request, I've filled in all the test values, but I must be missing something, as I'm getting this error doing run and debug:

[Image5.jpg]