xano api

Options
I have a doubt about xano free plan,10 request API in 20 sec for each mobile user or only for all mobile

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hi  - the rate limit is across your instance. So it would be triggered if you have 10 users each doing 1 request in 20 seconds or 1 user doing 10 requests in 20 seconds: https://docs.xano.com/api-rate-limit

The free plan is called Build for a reason. It's designed for you to build and develop - not for a production type application
  • Pei Shao
    Pei Shao Member
    Options
    I don't mind to have a limitation, but I do wish to have some warning messages along with it. Whenever I hit the API limit, I confused whether it was caused by my coding mistakes or by the limitation. I am not a free rider, but I will not upgrade my plan until I finish the first version of my development. I just want to make sure I attach to the backend fitting my needs. Is my approach reasonable, or am I just a stingy customer?
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
     you do receive an error message when the API rate limit is triggered, error message details that the rate limit is the reason for the error:
    {
    "status": "error",
    "message": "Whoa there! Your plan only supports 10 requests per 20 seconds. Upgrade options and additional information is available at: https://xano.gitbook.io/xano/instances/api-rate-limit"
    }
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
    And that is a great approach to use the Build plans to test your ideas first - that's what it's designed for. 
  • Pei Shao
    Pei Shao Member
    Options
    I am using Appgyver as the front end and pulling data from Xano. If a page integrated with data suddenly went blank, I will have two guesses. Either my coding is wrong, or I hit the limit. A warning message coming from an email is not the best way to help me. Sometimes I just walk away and drop the work, not because I can not wait for 20 seconds. It is because I was irritated.

Do you want developers develop things as quick as possible, then upgrade their plans? I understand and accept the strategy on  "watermark on images", but API limit slows down the processes. Isn't this defeating your own goal? I got irritated by this and started testing other possible services which might suit my needs. Have you ever evaluated this strategy? Is it helping your business?