Setting up “Forgot Password” Process (AppGyver + Xano + SendGrid)

Options
Hello!
I have been trying to set up a “Forgot Password” process and am getting stuck. I am using three tools to try to accomplish this process:
• AppGyver
• SendGrid
• Xano

On Xano, I am using this Snippet created by Xano to facilitate the reset process:
Xano - Reset Password
My original thought was to use a Custom URL Scheme to pass our AppGyver mobile app (from an email) a magic link token that I could then POST to Xano to verify and then let the user create a new password in the app.
However, my understanding is that SendGrid no longer supports Custom URL Scheme links. They only support HTTP or HTTPS links. My own testing seems to confirm this. (Link 1 1)
Our original vision for our project was to only create a mobile app but it seems to me that we may need to create a web instance in AppGyver in order to receive the magic link when a user clicks on an email from SendGrid and a simple interface to allow customers to change their password.
Does that sound right or am I missing something? Has anyone solved this problem before?

Comments

• Sean Montgomery
    Sean Montgomery Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hey ,

Maybe you can use a bitly link? Seems like that would let you use https for the email and then have it change to your url scheme.

Feels like that might do the trick.
  • Spencer Cook
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I looked into this and Bitly does support this type of functionality but only on their Enterprise plans. 

For future readers, I ended up just creating a webpage using AppGyver that handles the Forgot Password process with Xano. Not as slick as I had hoped but it will work for now.