External API not getting data

Options
Hey! I am not getting the data from Airtable. I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnuW2Vg8aA. Everything works good, I see all the data on the run&debug. But when I go to the database is empty. The new rows are created but no data. Thanks

Comments

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
    THere are rows but nothing inside? Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing both in the setup and in the resulting table (masking/blocking sensitive data ofc)
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
    When I press debugger is getting the right data, in the database the row is added but it is empy[Capture.PNG]
  • Ray Deck
    Options
    If you click into "Add record from posts" you will see a list of fields you can put data into. Can you take a look and see whether the black text boxes are filled? If they are empty, you might try filling them with the right values from "item" and then save before doing a debug again. If they are no empty or if filling them doesn't work, could you post what that "add record" screen looks like to you? 
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
    Is not working, when I put on the text field the correct field on airtable. What happen is that database is fill with the text I put in that field.[123.PNG]
  • Ray Deck
    Options
    could you do stop-and-debug right before the create (e.g. make it a new "3.1" in the function list), and pick the "item" for debug display? This would make sure it has the shape you think it does. Sometimes things are nested a layer deeper than we think or what have you. 
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
    I am in the function list, but I do not know which option to select to do what you said. Thanks[cvcv.PNG]
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options

• Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
    I found it! Put it the way you said but nothing changed. The stop / debug is returning the right data on the terminal. But not in the DB
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
     Finally I got it! I had to ad some extra stps on where was the field. 

I have about 600 records in Airtable. Airtable imports 3 tham 3 tham 3... But everytime I pres run imports the same info. 

How can I make that is all the time checking the api and put only new data?

Thanks
  • Ray Deck
    Options

first things first: 🙌

Second, you just need to add a little “if then” logic to look up in your table by looking up the record to say “check to see if this is there” and only add it it is not there, otherwise do an update
  • Ray Deck
    Options

I appreciate you got it, but for others reading this thread, the stop-and-debug is under utility functions.
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
     Yeah! When you do not know coding and APIs things get difficult. Your help was amazing.

I am working on the conditional, but I do not know how to write  “check to see if this is there”. Any advice?
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
     I tried a lot of configurations but is still giving me the first 3 records all the time[46tret.PNG]
  • Ray Deck
    Options
    You're close! Get rid of 3.1 I think. 
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
    When I put the add record in the condition I get this message:  

Missing var entry: posts_3 
  • Ray Deck
    Options
     Huh. Which of your functions references posts_3?

I do this professionally too - 30-120m mentoring sessions to help people fix their no-code problems and walk away understanding them is my thing at statechange.ai. Let me know if you'd like to work through this or other challenging parts live. 
  • Stefan
    Stefan Member
    Options
     thanks for your time and thanks for the offer. I do not have budget for this project, I can not invest right now in a consultation. I appreciate your time an effort to help me.