External cloud storage field type

Options
Add external storage to the storage field type, so users can upload their photos, audio & videos to an external cloud storage of our choosing. I plan on building content heavy apps, so allowing users to upload media to an unlimited cloud storage services such as BOX & Dropbox is essential. 

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    The solution here would be to use the external API request function to upload your content to a Box or DropBox, then take the URL reference generated by that service and store it as a text field in Xano. When you need to call the content, you just call the URL stored in the Xano DB
  • Jamar Sloss
    Jamar Sloss Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I was able to find the upload new file curl by BOX here. From a high level it seems like the purpose of the API function is to allow users to upload files to a folder on my cloud storage. Next the URL reference / source link will be stored as text in a text field in the database. User experience is my #1 priority, so I'm about to learn all I need to know to become a pro at cloud storage API's & features, so I can build a robust user experience. Users uploading the source link / URL reference as a text field seems to be the most important, so I want to create an upload system that allows users to directly enter the source link from their own cloud storage, while also integrating BOX, Dropbox & other cloud services into my apps, so users can login to their cloud storage provider directly on my apps to provide the source link / URL reference. My goal is to build robust social medias & video content apps like YouTube that offer freedom of expression & gives users full control over their content & much more. 
     https://developer.box.com/guides/uploads/direct/file/