Connect Xano and CareerJet or Indeed API

Options
Hello!

I just joined Xano community from Adalo. I am creating mobile app by using Adalo but I think I will need Xano to create working API. 

So is it possible to connect CareerJet API with Xano? Because Adalo doesn't support CareerJet API. Or is there any other ways to create API with Xano what searches open jobs on internet and then shows them on my Adalo app.

Comments

• Lachlan McPherson
    Options
    Hi do you have a copy of the CareerJet API docs? This might make it easier to tell whether this is possible - is this it by chance? https://www.careerjet.com/partners/api/
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Yes it's that one. I really don't have a lot experience about APIs. All tutorials have the URL of API and I understand how that works but in CareerJet API there is no URL so that's why I was wondering if it works on Xano.
  • Lachlan McPherson
    Options
     yeah a little bit different to the docs I've worked with as well - a little over my head. Hopefully, someone else will be able to give you advice with the docs supplied. 

If you're still stuck, office hours would be useful for you to attend: https://calendly.com/xano/officehours  
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Thank you anyways! 🙂 
  • Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
     I started by looking at the PHP SDK docs, and downloading that zip. It contains a PHP file that has 72 lines of code in it (and 258 of comment). It would be work, but relatively mechanical to reverse-engineer the API from there.
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Hi! So I guess to get the API from that PHP file is maybe too difficult for newbie like me? 😖
  • Ray Deck
    Options
     I wouldn't say so without taking a look first - you might be surprised at what you can read! But if you do want assistance, help with the hard parts is what my nocode mentoring practice is about too. An hour might get you through it. If you want some coaching through this exercise, feel free to reach out! 
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Right! Thank you. 🙂 So with the PHP file I can try creating external API with Xano? And if I get that work I will use Xano to bypass data to Adalo? 
  • Ray Deck
    Options
    The PHP file tells you what URL they call, what headers they use - all information you can use to craft the external API call to do this job in Xano. 
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Woah I love you man. :D Is this correct URL?  
    http://public.api.careerjet.net/ 

EDIT: I can't believe why I haven't found this URL before.. 
  • Ray Deck
    Options
     Yes, that's what I saw when I looked at the file
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Yes, I just don't understand where the headers are in the php file
  • Ray Deck
    Options
     When I looked, the header was defined on line 215. Have to stitch together with some other variables to figure it out, but it looks knowable.
  • Roope Erkheikki
    Options
     Ah I see. I was looking for this earlier  
    $header = "User-Agent: careerjet-api-client-v" but yeah that's out of my skills to make it work. 😛
  • Ray Deck
    Options
     you're close! LMK if you need a 1-1 to get you over the edge, but I'd encourage you to just try things to see if you can get a successful connection.