Airtable import

Options
My first time doing an Airtable import -- on a free plan.  I'm using an Airtable project with 5 bases associated with it, and am under the 10,000 record limit for demos. My first attempt to bring in all 5 bases (no views selected) at once just seemed to hang. I got no indication that the Import was successfully completed. I did not see any Xano tables get created.

My second attempt was to select views for each base but that process also just seemed to hang with no indication of completion. I then tried unchecking the Download and Import Attachments options (since I had seen an earlier report of that being buggy). Same result. 

Finally ended up exiting out of the import area and when eventually navigating back into the Dashboard, voila - the tables were there and records imported. So just making a note that this process, once the import is successfully, should at least give you some indication that it happened by dropping you back in the dashboard to see the new table setup. 

I did notice that the attachment field, with attachments, all came in too. Curious though about when you click on an attachment field to expand it open, are you supposed to get a preview of the attachment? I'm just getting a blank screen but I am able to download the attachment and open it locally to confirm it's the right one.

Comments

• Sean Montgomery
    Sean Montgomery Administrator

ADMIN

Options
     there is an issue with the airtable api. Something changed. We are looking into it.
  • Sean Montgomery

ADMIN

Options
     I just realized you mentioned you are on the free plan. The free plan imports them on demand instead of a background task. If you have thousands of records, then it will take minutes to complete. I just checked and there is a spinner on the submit button. Did you see otherwise?

The paid plans have progress associated with it for large imports.
  • Peter Nelson
    Options
    The spinner just kept spinning and took a really long time to complete, but you couldn't tell if it actually completed or not. I was just stuck on the same window with no indication of tables being imported. 
  • Sean Montgomery

ADMIN

Options
    Got it. Sounds like we need better progress on the free plan. I'm pretty sure if you waited, it would have completed.

The free plan doesnt have background tasks, so its a bit tricky doing the imports since we need to do it completely in the browser. If you have more than a thousand records, it can definitely take some time (especially if you are doing download attachments).