Query all records by searching on all fields in a table

Options
Is it possible to configure a search on a query all records action across all fields in a database table without needing to specify each field to search on?

It would work similar to the internal Xano search function we have when viewing database tables.

I note that we can select the entire db table when configuring search (as per screenshot attached), which then asks us to select an object (json) as the search criteria. Is there a working example of how the json needs to be structured for this to work?

Thanks.[SearchAllFields.png]

Comments

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
    Short answer is no, that will not work out of the box, but you have options both within and outside of Xano.  

For best results with minimum work, you might consider mirroring your data to something like Algolia, which is a search engine that can take your custom info and do that kind of searching. So you store transactional data in Xano, use a background task to synch it to Algolia (or Elasticsearch, or your preferred) and you can get a generalized search result from that using third-party API calls from your Xano function stack. 
  • espptyltd
    espptyltd Member
    Options
    Thanks  for your response.

I am still curious about the configuration in my screenshot. Is there anything that can be configured as a search against the entire table, given that we can select the table, and there is a prompt about the input required being an object?