Login Auth error message incorrect

Options
Perhaps a bit of an edge case, but also a real one:
1. User attempts to sign in with wrong password
2. The password they're using doesn't meet the password criteria
3. Xano response: "WEAK PASSWORD DETECTED. PLEASE USE AT LEAST 1 NUMBERS."

Expected behavior in #3: "Incorrect Password" message, regardless of whether or not the password meets the "Signup" password criteria.

Is this a bug or a feature? If the latter, how can I change this?

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hey Josh - You could set a precondition before the Check Password to check for the same criteria and throw an incorrect password error if the criteria is not met. That's probably the workaround for now.

Also FYI, the password criteria is fully customizable from the schema settings of the password field. You can change the defaults, remove them altogether, or add additional criteria. 
  • Josh Chambers
    Josh Chambers Member
    Options
    Thanks, . I actually have a precondition in there, but it's after Check Password. Let me make sure I understand you're suggestion: 

Add a precondition that checks if the password requirements are met (Using regex, perhaps?), and if they're not, throw an error. If they are, _then_ check if the password is correct. 

And yeah, I was considering just turning off password criteria for now, but that's not ideal. 

Thanks!
  • Facundo Lucci
    Facundo Lucci Member
    Options
    Hey
    I was just coming here to report an issue related to this.
    I created a new password field on a new table for a 4 digit pin. So I set the filters to max 4, min 4 digits. Which was fine, but then I got an error on my other password fields in other tables. It’s as if the new filters applied to all password fields in my database.
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
     I can't re-create this so far. How many password data type fields are you using per table?
  • Facundo Lucci
    Facundo Lucci Member
    Options

[7D9FDC36-4E1C-4B82-81A9-B79AF7C5558A]
    Both “phone” table and “customer” table only have one password field type.
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
     If it's okay with you, can you please write me through our support chat with example inputs that I could use to run the endpoint and trigger the error?
  • Sean Montgomery
    Sean Montgomery Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    This is a bug. This will be fixed in this week's release.

It should always just say invalid credentials.
  • Sean Montgomery
    Sean Montgomery Administrator

ADMIN

Options
     this is now fixed.
  • Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options
     your issue is also now fixed.