Adalo and Custom Function Variables

Options
I have created a few custom functions in Xano but do not know how to output that data to a frontend like Adalo. How do i show the calculation result in a field in Adalo?

Any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
    You would need to call your custom function from an API endpoint and add the result of that function to your output. Then you tell Adalo about the shape of that API endpoint as you have then generated it. Glad to help more if you can share more about your situation, either here or in a private 1-1 consult. 
  • Guilio Del Fava
    Options
    Here is my first function. It quite key to all the other functions in my stack. It calculates the volume_of_fuel_l based off the price_litre and the total_cost. This function is then used to calculate the litres_100km and the km_l
    [volume_of_fuel_l.png]Here is my database structure:
    [database-xano.png]My function that calculates the distance between fillups from the end and start odometer reading:
    [distance_100km.png]KM per litre function:
    [km_l.png]Litres per 100km function:
    [l_100km-1.png]As you can see below if I add these functions to a single record and the use the id of a single record in the fuel_log db it runs perfectly:
    [function_stack_single_record.png]This is the error u get when I run and debug the fuel_log all records api:
    [run_error_fuel_log_all_records.png]
  • Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't read what your last api does - the function stack is completely cut off in the screenshot. Can you share more? There is no "standard" function - there are presets that Xano makes when you generate a table, but the function stack can contain anything.