Is there a way to have CRUD endpoints automagically created for 'CSV import' created tables?

Options
I'm loving getting familiar with Xano.

Part of this process is migrating data from my other databases (Knack, Tadabase, Magento, VEND, Sheets etc) and in some instances a bulk CSV import make most sense.

But I love the automatic CRUD endpoint generation when I create a table by adding it manually.

Is there a way for me to make this work (without jumping through a few 'workaround' hoops?

Comments

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not totally magical, but you can create endpoints for each of the standard CRUD actions on the table (get all/get/add/update/delete) with just 20 clicks per table (4 per endpoint)
  • Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hey, Brett! I would approach this by creating a table not via CSV import at first, building the headers, and then importing the CSV. That way, you get the best of both worlds in the least amount of clicks. Will pass this along to the team though!
  • Brett Lewis
    Brett Lewis Member
    Options
     thanks for the pointer.
    From a consistency perspective I'd think it makes sense to have that functionality.
  • Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Options
     Understood. I did bring this to the team and it looks like we are going to try to build this in. I don't have a specific timeline for you, but it will likely be soon. Keep an eye on our release notes!
  • Brett Lewis
    Brett Lewis Member
    Options
     AWESOME!