Simple get using a variable... scalar value error?

Options
I'm using a GET to obtain the id value of a table reference - the id,  That value happens to be 14 as int.
I'm validating that it exists in a conditional before using the value (14) in a subsequent GET request.  The second GET request

matching the table record id to the value obtained in the first GET - 14. I'm getting this error:[scalar value.jpg]The query is kinda duh...
[scalar value 02.jpg]testing in "Stop & Debug" artist_id is 14.  A single entity.  Why am I ending up with two entities (first image)?  This query works as expected using the numerical 14 value, but not the var field_value artist_id

Debugging 

Comments

• Inayet Hadi
    Inayet Hadi Member
    Options
     Looks like artist_id is an object to get value in the field_name do artist_id.artist_id that will give you the number 14. 

#I could be wrong as I am learning
  • Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options
     is on the right track. And if it keeps bothering you past the weekend, please bring it to our Statechange Pro office hours on Monday! 
  • David Richardson
    Options
    I noticed that too, object not the value.  So to obtain the VALUE there are the "quick" get / set filters. I hard coded the value 14 in the input, I'm getting the expected results.  The debugger:
    [scalar value 10.jpg]
    The input field value is 14 in BLUE, not the object as before.
    So the logic of this feeble brain is that I need to "filter" the object to get it's value - 14 which should be the scalar value I'm looking for.  The "quick filters GET and SET" appear to be the method on this.[scalar value 08.jpg]But no joy on this either.  I'm getting null - the default - not 14.  That's not expected.[scalar value 09.jpg]I verified that artist_id is an object and the value IS 14, NOT null (in a stop and debug)
  • Inayet Hadi
    Inayet Hadi Member
    Options
     try to delete null as the default value and instead leave it empty and see what happens [image.png]
  • Inayet Hadi
    Inayet Hadi Member
    Options
     any luck?

[xtw9TN2PXcvPW.gif]
    Apologies if my suggestions cause more confusion but the great thing is we are part of the PRO group to get assistance from top notch pros at an incredible offering. I believe that b/c of the PRO group offering my LOVE for Xano has increased by a magnitude of 3.87X
  • David Richardson
    Options
    🤣
  • David Richardson
    Options
    Right!!!
    I tried your suggestion deleting the "null" default and STILL got null. (?!?!?)  the gif is PERFECT!!!  
  • David Richardson
    Options
     That WAS it.  Thanks so much for your help.

The GIF you sent was perfect for the way I feel sometimes

🙏