'Visible to API' vs hide in Function Stack

Options
Hi guys re the following screenshots:
[2.jpg]on and off.
[3.jpg][1.jpg]

I think I understand what they both are, but could you give a description of what they do and how I might make use of them.

Thanks!

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    "Visible to API" is actually referencing your input. Only database link inputs have this option. (Database links take the exact schema and settings of your database table). When you toggle that, you are actually hiding that input from the API - so it's as if it's not there. If you were manually building individual inputs, you would just delete an input that you did not want. Since database links are the entire schema, hiding lets you pick and choose if you do not want everything included in that particular API.

What you are referring to as hide in the function stack, is actually hiding in a single function - specifically a database request function. When you hide a field in one of these functions, you are telling the function to ignore this field when the function is executed. 
  • Inayet Hadi
    Inayet Hadi Member
    Options
    I think this question might help me figure out how to do batch testing on my ml model based on car's year, make, model, number of doors, car features, and autoglass that is needed, and then based on result compare it with the price column in Xano's db and then post to another column to see either percentage or amount that it was off by. 

Also, would need to have it randomized and limited to like 100 or few hundreds test and it does it repeatedly .

Why so I can show my current client why he should allow the ml model to give quotes with the caveat that price is not final and generated by ml model, but none the less to demonstrate to store owner that it close to actual prices that he has quoted in recent past. 
  • Mr_English
    Options
    This is interesting - thanks  

>> "Visible to API" is actually referencing your input. Only database link inputs have this option. (Database links take the exact schema and settings of your database table)."

Just to confirm, re the following table:

id
    widgetname
    widgetcolour

In a POST / UPDATE, if I have 'visible to api' switched off for 'widgetname', presumably if I don't send any data for 'widgetname', the current value in that column won't be overwritten.  Is that correct?

>> "What you are referring to as hide in the function stack, is actually hiding in a single function"

I need to watch some videos on the function stack. I am certain that I am not making the most of it.

It would be great to have some short videos on different CRUD strategies! We used Xano for a project last year but I wasn't the developer. Now I'm using Xano to build-out an MVP and doing all the dev work myself and I'm sure I'm not making the most of what Xano has to offer.