Export source code

Options
Does anyone ever tried appmaster's backend ? 

they use golang in their backend & they offer source code export on entreprise plan.

When will xano has this feature ? i'm willing to pay for export source code feature.

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hi  as of today, I do not anticipate that we would make this a feature of Xano in the future. But we will surely log your request for the team to see
  • liam
    liam Member
    Options
     i see, i have an enterprise client looking for a no code backend tools.

After a 2 weeks of researching & testing, we came up with 2 options

XANO or Appmaster.io

Currently my client is more inclined to invest in appmaster because they have source code export. Seems like vendor lock in scares them because they had bad experience with vendor lock in products.

i've tried both & i prefer xano. can you help me come up with a strong argument for my client why xano does not have source code export ? 
  • Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    It’s something we’ve discussed, but as of right now we have other priorities to improve the platform, and exporting code isn’t at the top of the list.  

Additionally, from our experience, the code most no-code tools export is unusable and if we do this feature, we want to make sure it’s done right. It’s also worth noting that Xano is 100% focused on the backend since it can be very complex. 

Since AppMaster is both front/back, it looks like a lot of the dev ops/performance pieces might be something you have to manually manage, whereas, Xano can handle those pieces for you.
  • liam
    liam Member
    Options
     all right, thank you