1.45.3 (August 30, 2022)

Options
Sean Montgomery
Sean Montgomery Administrator

ADMIN

• new feature - stream support with Query All Records. Iterate through millions of records without worrying about paging.
• improvement - new experience for exporting workspaces that is friendly to extremely large workspaces with email confirmation when the export is available for download 
• improvement - faster loading of workspaces when having lots of APIs/Functions/Addons/Tasks
• improvement - treat null values as empty strings for the sprintf filter instead of generating an error
• improvement - notices for processing of a task with Run & Debug when using a data source different than what it is configured with for scheduled processing
• improvement - custom domain workflow now parses the hostname for cases when entering a http/https URL via copy/paste
• bug fix - task history was broken on tasks with extremely long processing times
• bug fix - checking if an array is null in Query All Records was causing an error
• bug fix - escape key no longer closes Lambda editor

see more release notes

Comments

• Georges Duverger
    Georges Duverger Trusted Xano Expert
    Options
    Great updates!

I'm still wrapping my head around the “stream support” feature. 🤔 Would I still return (in the Response section) the whole list (millions of records)? Could you maybe provide some details on a typical use case for it?
  • Georges Duverger
    Options
    Re: the “null values as empty strings,” it looks like I'm still getting an error message with I filter with `sprintf` on a `null` value. What am I doing wrong?[Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 11.20.18 AM.png]
  • Georges Duverger
    Options
    Tangential ask re: the “task history” bug fix, is there a way to get more context in the Task History tab? For example, what were the outputs of the Function Stack?
  • Sean Montgomery

ADMIN

Options
     the fix was for arguments. It looks like item.yolo is null so the entire message would be null. Probably should just return an empty string for the result in that case instead of an error though.
  • Georges Duverger
    Options
     Got it. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Georges Duverger
    Options
    I just found 's video about “stream” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1WmPm9oW48). I bet it answers all my questions. Watching now…

• Sean Montgomery

ADMIN

Options
     tasks don't have output, but I hear what you are saying.

We were thinking of adding a LOG statement, which always records the result. The issue with our debugger is that it just gets too large because each statement is a snapshot of the entire memory space and that adds up quick. I think this LOG statement will be a nice common ground to record what's really important when you need it.
  • Georges Duverger
    Options
    I was right. , and the whole team, did it again. Great intro video to Stream! 👏👏👏
  • Georges Duverger
    Options
    I recorded a quick review (37:57) of all the updates in release 1.45.3.I could have done a better job, particularly with the Stream feature — I provided the link to 's intro video after the fact. It was still a great exercise for me to make sure I understood all the changes that went into that release.
  • Sean Montgomery

ADMIN

Options
     wow! amazing
  • Xavier Agapé
    Options
    Hey there.
    Little question here.
    Do you plan to have a kind of stream feature for classic arrays ?
    I have to parse files with more than 10 or 20k rows and I have memory issues.
    Thanks for this release it's awesome !!!
    😍
  • Sean Montgomery

ADMIN

Options
     are these CSV files?
  • Xavier Agapé
    Options
     Yes, it is CSV files