issues while using google oauth extension from marketplace

Options
1) I have followed the the youtube video on this and got it mostly working. However, I am not using a table called user and I have indicated as such when i installed the extension from the marketplace.  But I get an error about a user table. see attached image

2)  I am supporting all of android, ios and webapp on client side. When installing the component it asks for google_oauth_client_id and google_oauth_secret, how does one support each client type or does one just support the web client as a common platform for all three?

3) If I want to use google oauth to enable connection to specific google services like photos and not for app login purposes how do I create separate service or resource based authentication. 

Thx
Mohan

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hi  

1) You can still use the extension without a user table BUT you do need to use it with a table that you are authenticating against. You will want to carefully check all of the functions in the function stacks to make sure they are pointing towards your table requiring auth. 

2) This is a really question. I'm not sure, this depends on what Google supports. If they require you to have different client ids and oauth secrets depending on the device then you'd need to create additional environment variables to store those and have some sort of logic -- or different endpoints -- depending on the device. But maybe Web Client can be common for all three, I'm sure they're docs has more info.

3) I believe there is something called a Google Service Account which allows you to authenticate and use different API services from Google. This might be a good direction to look into. 
  • mohan ramanujam
    Options
    1) i will check
    2) I am hoping that I can do your last sentence suggestion. Since the server side is common to all clients. I have to see if i get an issue.
    3) Service account are for back-end services not associated with a client driven interaction based on my read. I suppose I could set up a 3rd party services tables set that up as a auth table for service access and check against when accessing specific services and leave the user table for app authentication i.e. two separate auth scenarios. Do you think that will work.