Add on behavior

Options
cam n
cam n Member
edited October 2022 in ? Help! I'm a Noob

Query with a different datatype other than the datatype being supplied for the addon:

Hey - I have a text input, 'name', that I'm using to search for my data via its 'name' column to search for a user.

I am then using an add on to query posts, that reference the user's id.

I want to be able to use that user's id to pass into my add on. However, this does not happen. I cannot actually pull posts using an add on if I'm not also searching for the user with the same id I'd be using to search for the posts. I hope this makes sense!

Here's some screenshots:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

External pagination on an add on:

I would also like to use pagination following the guide found here specifically for this pagination. Following the json method, I can test that it does NOT work even if I'm searching using the user's id (not the name). Passing into a json value into the corresponding input for my add on, (then setting the external query) results in no results.

What's interesting to note is that this does work when performing the query in the add on itself.

Is this intended behavior?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I've since 'gone around' and rectified it as such:

I figure this is essentially the same thing! Would love thoughts :)

Tagged: