Sending data back to Bubble too slow

Options

Hi,

I have a table that is 10 wide and +-8.8k deep. I have set it up so that I send a request from Bubble to Xano using 1-10 inputs as filters. The respons time in my Repeating Groups is 5-8 seconds and a list that is 292 long (after the filters have been applied).

When I do a "Run & Debug" on 1 filter the results are instantaneous. Now I understand that doing a run in Xano will be much faster than sending it to Bubble via API, but can it really be that much slower?

Any suggestions on how to configure my output to decrease latency?

Comments

• Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hey there! A couple of things to run through here.

1) Implement paging so that Xano is returning less data at once.

2) Ensure that you are using indexing on that table to speed up the query.

3) Bubble does proxy all API requests, and this typically will add delay to the response. You can navigate around this by using JS to connect to your Xano APIs directly. Here's an example.

• AgIQ
    AgIQ Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi Chris, thanks for the feedback. Will implement this and test.

I looked through the video and I have a question regarding the POST. (I know this is a newbie question as I do not have much experience with JS). When fetching data, shouldn't I use the GET method? or will I receive the data back in the response?

Thanks!

• AgIQ
    AgIQ Member
    Options

Hi @Chris Coleman

The video only shows how to POST into Xano, but how do I GET info back into Bubble?

• AgIQ
    AgIQ Member
    Options

Hi @Chris Coleman Any feedback?

• Dino
    Dino Member
    Options

Hello,

@Chris Coleman could you please answer AglQ's question. I am struggling for a while now to send the data from Xano to Bubble. Is there a comprehensive how to tutorial?