Bug or just the way it is?

Options

Hey team, I have a an api request where I have an input and if I use that input as an input for a function, the function doesn't work.

The workaround I'm using is to create a variable from the input, then using the variable as the input for the function. This works.

So, is this way it is or a bug? Not being able to use an api input for a function input.

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options

You have an API that has input A... in this API you have a custom function that has an input that maps to input A... when you do this things break? Am I getting that right? Would love if you could elaborate more... if it's easier to hit us up in support with the endpoint/function then please do!

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

I made a function and called it "tester_test." I gave it one input: "tester" of type text. I set it up with a stop and debug for the tester value. I then made an endpoint, called it "test". I added a text input to it called "tester". I added a call to "tester_test" in the function stack and passed it the API input "tester" to its input "tester".

The above sequence worked, so I wonder if there is some subtlety in your sequence causing an issue. Could you perhaps share screenshots of your setup so we can help out?

If you're looking for a more interactive approach, this question is also the kind of debugging we do during the daily Statechange Pro office hours.

• Duncy Dunc
    Options

@Michael Udinski that is correct. I just retried using the input and not the variable, to make a video showing what's happening aannnnd it works now. I guess it's no longer an issue.

• Duncy Dunc
    Options

@Michael Udinski @Ray Deck thanks for the quick response on a Friday! 🔥