Xano Authentication with Weweb - Login works but error on Sign up

Options
carri
carri Member

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I suspect it has something to do with authentication token. I watched the Xano + Weweb video. It addresses login only. Not sign up.

Comments

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

400 usually means you haven't sent the inputs the endpoint requires. Take a look at the signup endpoint on xano. On the upper-right there is a three-dot "Hamburger" menu. Click that and look at request history. Then - assuming it is there - click on your request (has a 400 error). Look at the inputs to see what Weweb sent. Compare that with the inputs required for your signup to see if there is something missing. And please share some screenshots if you don't find the issue in the first pass!

• carri
    carri Member
    Options

Hmm. Thx. Still getting the same error. It looks like name email and password are all there. When I use Xano run & debugger it works and adds the new user info to the table.

• Ray Deck
    Options

Can you share the setup for the function stack, as well as the right-hand-side details for the queries? I bet there is some bad value in there.

• carri
    carri Member
    Options

You're amazing. I don't fully know what I'm doing yet.

• carri
    carri Member
    Options

You think I should just delete the Auth and set it up again? I feel like it should work. I followed a few tutorials. But IDK what IDK.

• Ray Deck
    Options

Can you show what is at the top of the inputs of the add record step (#2)?

• carri
    carri Member
    Options

I think this is what you are asking for.

• Ray Deck
    Options

Great. Now in recent requests when we look at the request, you can see the steps it ran after the output. Can you show that? seeing which steps it did vs did not do could tell us even more.

• carri
    carri Member
    Options

I think it's telling me that role data is needed.

• carri
    carri Member
    Options

I got it! You taught me how to see the error messages. I futzed around with things based on the output details from request history and I went from 400 to 403 to 500 errors to working!!

Thank you for the education! I feel successful today!

• Ray Deck
    Options

Glad we could stir the pot together. Can't wait to see what you build!