Airtable manual import

Options

I have done an airtable import a few times in xano. Overall it works well. I was confused about some file types and erased some columns of data. namely image and table references.

It seems the only way references get added is if the tables are imported simultaneously otherwise they do not link up with existing tables. I'm not sure this can be fixed in import.

I have tried a few things now. I can successfully get the list of airtable records using the api. And query all records from the table I want to import into. I also re-imported a duplicate table from airtable. Thinking that might be easier to match tables in xano.

I have tried the loop and find first element to match but I think this is where I am missing something because I get success message of matched but when I edit record in user when I try matched.field it throws an error. So I am missing something.

Here is a quick video. Thanks for the help

https://www.loom.com/share/24ca8881f5a44c88a05fb085f1269c4e

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hey @jbleroux - I think there are a couple things going on here.

First, it looks like you are trying to add an array (list) into a single field type.

But also, the error message looks like there is no Occupation path found in your matched variable -- are you sure this is the correct field name? (Spelling and capitalization matter here). If the Occupation path does not exist sometimes, you may want to implement the GET filer to define a default value when the path is not there.

Ultimately, I would recommend utilizing the debugger to find out where the error is happening and the results of each step to give you clues into what needs to be changed.