Doing a product recommendation style quiz using Xano to do the math??

Options

New Xano user, I hate to ask dumb questions (at least ones that can get answered by some intensive research) but I'm using Wized and Xano to build out the backend of my Webflow app and was curious, given Xano's function capability if it could do this:

1. Take incoming inputs from a user on the Webflow front end
  2. Loop through data in my database to see if the inputs match with the stored data (essentially, random users go on the site, and take a quiz that says they prefer characterstics A, B, C, and D about an item then it would ideally return an item that has the closest match)
  3. Return the item with the highest match

It's basically a product recommendation quiz. I know there are integrations out there to make these things but pretty much users will sign up and make a student organization that people at my school can join. Say someone joins and they have a club that has certain characteristics like works with non-profits, is focused on people in finance majors, and meets on Tuesday. Then a random user takes a quiz that asks questions about them. For instance, say a user says they like Finance focused clubs, can meet on Tuesday, but don't care about non-profits. Then it would show this club is a 2/3 match but lets say there is one that was a 3/3 match. I would want it to return that club. Is this possible with Xano functions?

Answers

• Locky
    Locky Member
    Options

Hi Pmoney,

Welcome to Xano! I'm confident that you can achieve your desired scope utilising Xano's Database & Function Builder.

There are some great tutorials that the team have done regarding how to connect Webflow directly with Xano. This is made even easier again when using wized. Regarding the logic to create your recommendation engine, there are many ways you can go about setting this up, but some can be relatively simple. My go to starting point would be the Docs https://docs.xano.com/ & Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/nocodebackend

If you're a webflow / wized dev, learning Xano will take your apps / sites to the next level. Best of luck!