Pinterest load more?

Options

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a similar website to pinterest. Rather than having fixed pagination, is it possible to have a “load more” (that just returns 25 EXTRA items, rather than loading a new list of the 25 NEXT items)?

Many thanks

Answers

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jack! That's a front-end consideration usually served as part of “infinite scroll” functionality. The back-end process is basically the same in both circumstances, providing X records starting at offset Y, where the front end is keeping track of Y to iterate it forward.

What front-end are you building with? That would tell you which feature to use to implement the user experience you're going for.

• jack
    jack Member
    Options

Hi @Ray Deck thank you :), I am using Webflow!

The only thing I don't understand about the Xano side of things is: currently I have pagination enabled, so it will give me 25 results at a time. But in order for this to work, I'd need the pagination to give me 25 EXTRA results every time, but keep the original set, how would this be achieved?

• Ray Deck
    Options

The front-end data fetcher would be responsible for adding the retrieved rows to its saved data variable (probably stored at the page level). That way you get the first 25, and the stored row data for display goes from 0 to 25. Then you get the second 25, and the same variable goes from 25 to 50. This is called incremental loading.

Xano can do this out of the box, so the next “how” for this will depend on what you are using for managing and displaying dynamic on the webflow side. What are you using?

• jack
    jack Member
    Options

Thanks Ray, that makes sense! I'm using Webflow as my frontend, and I'm using Wized to connect Webflow with XANO

• Ray Deck
    Options

Blackpeak is a consultancy specializing in Wized and they run a great community with office hours devoted to that topic. You might bring your question there to get help on that end!

• jack
    jack Member
    Options

Thanks Ray! Appreciate your help