Search API requires same parameter key with different search terms

Options

Hi,

How do I make an external API call using Xano where the parameter key is duplicated but with different values. For example, in Postman this call works:

myapi/requests?_limit=200&request_type=maintenance&request_type=non_maintenance

request_type is used to specify filters and is repeated as many times as necessary. When I use the Set function in my API call from Xano, Xano is only sending the last request_type, it's ignoring other instances.

How do I send all of them? Below is what I'm doing currently, but in the result, Xano only sends one.

Answers

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hi @dchmiele - You'll definitely want to first reference the API documentation of the service you're using. There can be different ways to do this so it's important that it's formatted in the manner that the API service you're using is expecting.

• dchmiele
    dchmiele Member
    Options

Hi @Michael Udinski the above is per the API spec (Strapi). As mentioned the call is working as expected in Postman. How do I get Xano to send all instances of the repeated parameter?

• Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hi @dchmiele. Can you try setting these parameters directly in the request URL instead of in the params section?