Maximum allowable size of the geopoint data type?

Options

I did not see anywhere in the documentation the maximum allowable size of a geopoint data type? It seems that it must be limited as I have imported a multipolygon dataset successfully but only after I smoothed the original features as a few features in particular would not save to the database and returned a cryptic error that I forgot to screenshot.

After a bunch of Stop & Debugs I basically narrowed it down to the size of the multipolygon feature (the number of coordinates that make it up). After finding a tool, https://mapshaper.org/ I was able to smooth all of my features and everything came across as expected.

Just curious if aanyone at Xano can let me know the maximum allowable size of the geopoint data type for future reference. Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hi @Mike Akister the geo-polygon should not have any limitation. Can you share the object that caused the error?

• Mike Akister
    Options

@Michael Udinski I actually have the individual feature stored as a json file here within our Xano instance:

Boston Urban Extents GeoJSON

This feature has 3132 points that make it up. My function worked for all the features except this one and an even larger one. Hence, why I thought that it was maybe a limitation on the size of the GeoJSON that is stored. Here is the error that I receieved. I was just curious if there was a limit, the new simplified feateures actually work better anyway!

PS: I'm not going to lie, I didn't go through all 3132 coordinate pairs to make sure it wasn't a datatype or other related issue within the coordiante pair.

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options

An invalid syntax error means that it isn't formatted properly. The format for multi-polygon geo type can be found in the documentation. But I definitely see how difficult it might be to diagnose with so many coordinate pairs. Maybe there's one mistake, maybe there's many.