Custom function inside filters

Options

Hi folks.
I have a custom function to be used in multiple fields of a record. I think the best way to update these fields is using filters whitin the Update function, but I can't find the way to do so.
Obviously I can create a new variable in the function stack to be assigned for each field but it's not very efficient, isn't it?

Do you know how to use custom functions as a filter?

Thanks.

Comments

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

I would create new variables in the function stack and then apply them in the update call. It's far easier to track as a developer (stacked filters are not obvious unless you open everything up), and opens the door to operations (like your custom function) that are stack-only.

The difference in runtime between managing separate functions in the stack vs the filters is tiny - and doesn't always go the same way.

Use whichever tools are going to improve your development velocity!

Figuring out how to unstick that velocity toward shipping is what we do every day at State Change Pro office hours and our loom-enabled ask-for-help.

• AGenova
    AGenova Member
    Options

Yes, I've used what you suggest, but I think it's not a clean solution. I would like to use a custom function in the filter stack.
    May I suggest it as an improvement?

Thanks anyway.