Auth not passing "name" through

Options

Hey all, I have a signup integration going via webflow wized. I have email, password and name fields. Email and password is passing through fine via xano "auth" to my "user" db but name is not showing up in my "user" db… any suggestions why that is?

Thanks!

Answers

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Likely the name isn't getting uploaded from the front end in the first place. You can confirm (or deny!) this hypothesis by clicking on the three stacked dots in the upper-right and selecting "request history." Look at your most recent requests with a particular eye on the input. Are people sending a name? Is the field called "name"? This inputs-and-outputs approach has served me well many times.

• CreChat
    CreChat Member
    Options

Just checked, looks like xano did receive name as well… not sure why its not being posted from auth DB to my user DB, email and password however are being added… Any other suggestions?

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent! You can see in the request history that Xano is receiving an input called "fullname" but over on the left hand side under "Inputs" it is set up to receive an input called "name." Either the front end needs to change the key it is sending, or the end point needs ot change the name of the input it is listening for (probably changing your add record call as well). Either of those approaches shoudl fix you up.