How to use the queried record's key as param for addon?

Options

I am using the addon and want to use the value as param in the addon for where condition. Suppose I want to fetch the posts of users where post_type = unseen. The post type variable will be in user object. But I am not able to use the value from User object in addon. How can I acheive this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Pawel Magdanski
    Pawel Magdanski Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand how it works, so the indicator if a particular post was seen by a user is in user table?

As a general answer I would suggest to use join via user relation. To tell more I need more details

• haxxanali512
    haxxanali512 Member
    Options

I tried with join. This is the current workaround
    Queried all records from database. Created an addon now Addon needs 2 params. One is id which has been acheived and one is type. I want to use the type from parent object. How can I get this type variable from parent to use as param in addon?

• Pawel Magdanski
    Options

Ok, I think I figured that out.

So what you need to do is to go to the addon section and choose the addon you created then add manually another input "category" and include it in the custom query.

After publishing the addon, when you will add it to your output, you should have two fields as input.

• haxxanali512
    haxxanali512 Member
    Options

This has already done. I am asking about the value of input. How can I get the value from parent object to use it in addon.

• Pawel Magdanski
    Options

Hi, Then I'm not completely sure if I understand it correctly. Can you share some screens from Xano to illustrate this?

• MattLaro
    MattLaro Member ✭✭
    Options

You mean this ?