Updating Start and End Dates

Options

Context:

Start Date - Timestamp

End date - Timestamp

I have groups which run weekly. I need the start and end date to update once the current time has passed the end date. Once it has passed, I need to add seven days to the timestamp.

How am I able to automate this?

Best Answers

• Pawel Magdanski
    Pawel Magdanski Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can still use Background tasks for that, you can set them up to check every hour (or other period of time) if the dateTime passed end time and if true, then you can perform some actions

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @brndn@Pawel Magdanski is right in thinking this should be run in a background task. You could run this every minute or whatever frequency makes the most sense for your use-case. You can develop the logic first in a function and when you're ready to upgrade simply add it to the background task and determine the frequency to run it.

Answers

• Pawel Magdanski
    Pawel Magdanski Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I think that background tasks that you can setup to run every week is something you are looking for.

• brndn
    brndn Member
    Options

I don't want it to run weekly; it needs to be triggered by the current dateTime being later than the end time of the group.

I haven't paid for background tasks yet as I don't know if this functionality is possible or if I need some workers.