How much could it cost me per month?

Options

I'm developing an app with FlutterFlow that is about to be published since we have people waiting for it. At what point should my app be to have to move from Build to Launch and from Launch to Scale x1?(e.g. 10k, 20k, 50k active users. X reads and writes.)

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Options

This is unfortunately sometimes difficult to answer as it is completely dependent on your specific use case. It is typically not recommended to deploy a live application on Build as you are sharing server resources with other users on that plan and it can lead to unpredictable response times, and is also rate limited.

This is mainly a performance question. The guidance to move from Launch to Scale should be based on performance metrics as outlined in our documentation. This gives information on the different types of compute usage, and how they can be managed prior to considering an upgrade. The short answer is that if you've done everything you can to ensure that your database queries are running as efficiently as possible, and you have addressed reducing things like loops and conditionals, caching, etc… then it's probably time to upgrade.

• FreshFlame
    FreshFlame Member
    Options

I understand, but there is no way to know when you will need to move o Scale. I do not have a problem to pay for Launch, but it's not possible to oay for scale.

• Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Options

The way to know when it's time to move to Scale is if you have followed the documentation regarding performance concerns, such as response caching, paging, utilizing indexing and addons with database queries, and reduced conditionals & loops (the specific action to take is dependent on the type of performance issue). Once you've done this, if things are still slow, that's when it's time to move up to a higher tier plan.