export pdf store in xano

Options
fantasy
fantasy Member
edited August 2023 in ❓Other questions

Good morning,

I store in a table a "storage" type field for pdfs.
I'm trying to export all of these pdfs from xano to my computer after filtering them, but I can't.
I saw that you could download the file by clicking on the small document next to the field, but for a hundred records, it may take a long time.
I tried after filtering the export to CSV format but I don't get my pdf files.

Thank you in advance and good day!

Answers

• Liz Anaya
    Liz Anaya Member, Administrator

ADMIN

edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @fantasy ! 👋

Welcome to the Xano Community! 🎉

You have two options for creating a CSV file. You can do it from your table view by clicking on the three dots on the right-hand side and selecting Export CSV.

You should also be able to filter the records that you specifically want to be exported.

Once the CSV has been generated, you'll see a green "Complete" box on the left-hand side of your workspace, and you can find and download the CSV from the Settings tab. This can certainly take a while if you have selected a lot of records.

The other option is to generate the CSV file through the API. This Snippet makes it super easy to create a CSV file through the API, which you can then download. I created this video that walks you through how to install the Snippet on your instance and use it to generate and download a CSV that contains data from your table, including content such as PDFs. You can add a function in your function stack that filters out the records you don't want to be included in your CSV.

In both cases, your CSV might look something like this 👇. The pdf row contains information about the PDF, including a URL that you can click to view and download each PDF.

Let me know if this information is helpful, and if you are still experiencing issues, please let us know.