Staging feature

Options

Hey everyone, hope you’re doing good.
I have a question about working at the staging state of my app.

I have a new feature being implemented but not ready for production yet. The feature requires one or two fields to be updated on a database table. But the point is can I update a database table without repercussions on the production stage? Is there something like a “database table versioning” ? I only read about data sources and that I think is just about data.

Thank you in advance

Answers

• mike-k
    mike-k Member
    Options

Unfortunately, Xano doesn't support this. How I've worked around this in the past is to create new columns in the table and develop against those. When you are ready to deploy, you can migrate any needed data to the new columns, then delete the old columns. This tends to cause complications and have impacts on other functions referencing the data, but it seems to be the only way to do it.

• Leo Med
    Leo Med Member
    Options

Thank you.

I hope this will be the case in the future, it's an important point of scalability in my opinion. I love using xano so much, it would be sad not to be able to do it anymore because I can't easily schedule releases.

Would be great to have the world of an admin on this.

• TRBG
    TRBG Member
    Options

Would it be possible to run two instances of your Xano database and API - one for dev, and one for production?