Problem with list input API between bubble and xano

Options
n.stummann
n.stummann Member

Hi all, have set up an API between bubble and xano. The input is a list of values that I'm using to filter records in xano, and return all valid results. When the input is a single item, it seems to work but when there are multiple values it doesnt yield any results.

Have tried formatting as JSON in bubble, have tried both POST and GET APIs and it still doesnt seem to work.

Can someone please help? This is really urgent to us, so if anyone is keen to jump on a call to have a look, I'm open to consider some sort of compensation.

Answers

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hi @n.stummann — can you please provide more details into what doesn't seem to work? It would be great to see if there is an error you're hitting, where the error is, your setup in Bubble, your Xano function stack, your API request history, etc. Loom videos are also great to show us and explain what's happening asynchronously, thanks!

• Manu
    Manu Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi! I have the same request:

1) in Xano I have a get endpoint where I get a list of records (in ex below: all records with id contained in the input parameter "id_liste") from the table "fiche".

Input is defined as list of integer

2) In Xano the execution is fine, testing run & debug

3) in Bubble the API initialization works if I enter a single integer

4) However if I enter a list, it fails (i also tried without the brackets)

5) Since the initialization worked with 1 integer, I also tested from the bubble interface but it fails with the same kind of error message

How can we specify a list as input parameter for the Bubble-Xano API?

Thank you!

Manu

• Manu
    Manu Member
    Options

Just to add that the following workaround works fine (just need to create several endpoints depending on how I get the list of id): query the list of id directly in xano as a first step in Function stack.

ps: i would like to edit my message above to hide the paths… could you please assist? Thx