Does anyone know how to get around the 100 record API limit with Airtable?

Options

I have connected Airtable to Xano via the external API but Airtable has a 100 record limit per API call. Does anyone know how to get around this so i can import all my records into Xano?

Answers

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @ollymorgan1 there is no way around the Airtable limitation of 100 record limit per API call. However, you can definitely still get all your records imported to Xano, in one of two ways:

1. Use the native Airtable import feature in Xano, this brings over all your data and preserves relationships with just a couple of clicks.
    2. Implement a recursive workflow to call each page from the Airtable API. Here's an example of paging with an External API:

• ollymorgan1
    ollymorgan1 Member
    Options

Fantastic, really appreciative of the quick reply. I'll give the recursive workflow a shot today :)

• Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options

Let us know how it goes!

• ollymorgan1
    Options

Im struggling with offset being a variable. Airtable returns a variable offset after each 100 record for the next 100 records. In the video, they have it static integer. Because of this, my variable can't sit in front of the API request as it needs the API request to find out the offset. Would you then have 2 API requests, the initial one followed by the offset variable, followed by the 2nd API request? If this is true how do you input a variable offset into the 2nd API request?

• Michael Udinski

ADMIN

Options

Hi @ollymorgan1 if you watch the video posted above, you'll notice that you will set the offset as a variable at the top for your function stack. You'll basically start at 0 and inside your while loop, update that variable so it increases with every API call…

Please reference the video above as it details this logic.