Concat substitutes &para with a paragraph sign

Options

hey guys,

I try to build a URL string with parameters using concat. If I add &param2= to the string "&para" is substituted with a paragraph sign, see second screenshot. What can I do to make sure its not substituted?

Thanks so much Timo

Answers

• Pawel Magdanski
    Pawel Magdanski Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

$para is an encoded version of the symbol that you getting. The simplest solution if possible would be to change the name of the parameter to something else, I think even starting it with capital P should help.

• timofischer
    Options

Hi Pawel,

yes, that is clear. I cannot change the name of the parameter, unfortunately.

Best Timo

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

I'd check to see if the output comes correct. I think it might be that this is just a rendering/representational problem on the screen rather than an underlying data corruption.

• timofischer
    Options

hi @Ray Deck, unfortunately this is also how the string output looks like. So it is not only a rendering/representational thing.

• Ray Deck
    Ray Deck Trusted Xano Expert ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Looks like… on what? In the JSON response when you look at it from a browser having done a GET request? Or when you view it inside Xano?

• timofischer
    Options

I generate a URL link using these concats that I send via sendgrit and the URL also has the paragraph in it. The constructed string really contains the paragraph not only the presentation in Xano.