1.54.0 (Jul 31, 2023)

Options
Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

edited July 2023 in ? Releases

🖌️ Easier Branch and Data Source Management

Quicker Access to Data Source Switching

You can now switch to additional data sources with a quick-access button on the left-hand panel.

What's your favorite color? 👀

You can now select a color when creating or managing data sources and branches, and this color is reflected in various parts of the UI for easy communication of the currently selected options.

🧑🏼‍💻 Real-time Collaboration in the Database View

We know you've already been loving the updates we made previously to real-time collaboration in your function stacks. Now, you have the same in the database view! Easily see who is present in the same table you're viewing and exactly what changes are being made.

🛠️ Partial Custom Function Creation

Previously, you had the ability to convert an entire function stack into a custom function. Now, you have the ability to select individual steps in your function stack and convert those to a custom function instead.

☁️ Working with Cloud Storage gets a huge boost

We've introduced a collection of functions to allow you to more easily interact with your own third party storage buckets, starting with Google Cloud. Have a service you'd like to see added? Let us know.

🗒️ New Post Process Variables

Post Process now enables some special variables: body, headers, and status_code to track and transmit the results of your Post Process statements.

🦟 Bug Fixes & Improvements

• Some issues with branch merging were fixed
  • We've refactored the autocomplete to be more user friendly (for example, typing 'id' will no longer default to 'auth.id'
  • Inputs should now be accessible to Post Process without having to dump them into variables first
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes changes you made were not reflected until refreshing the page
  • Made it more clear when you are not the primary owner of an instance but there is an upgrade pending
  • Fixed an issue where database cells would sometimes not be editable
  • Fixed a regression where object schema was not editable
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes your billing screen would reflect no instances available
  • Fixed an issue where CSV imports would be stuck as pending, even if they were completed or failed
  • Fixed an issue where copying and pasting enum values was not possible
  • Fixed an issue where the Scale plan was not enforcing the correct file size limit

🤗 Want to submit a feature request? Click here.

🎶 View the full release notes here.

🤩 What else is happening at Xano?

• We're hiring! Our Customer Success team is growing. For more information and to apply, click here.
  • Have you checked out our YouTube channel lately? Here's some of the latest.
    • Part 2 of Building a CRM with Xano + UIFlow is live! Watch it here.
    • We just published a ton of new content all about working with FlutterFlow + Xano!
  • While we can't spill the beans on anything yet, there's some awesome changes coming soon that will make Xano even more powerful — for everybody. Stay tuned!

Comments

• Alimama
    Alimama Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Partial custom function creation is great… each time I work on the function stack, I come across chunks that can be reusable and I am forced to leave that stack and head to the library to create a function for that part of the logic. With this, it's such a nice convenience that will increase efficiency by saving more time jumping around from one stack to another. Kudos to the XANO team.

We can't wait for what you are keeping under wraps - AI-based commands for working on the function stacks and tables? With transformers (and other generative AI models) getting better, I think this is possible.

• Bootstrapper
    Options

Excited about the Cloud Storage! However this option is grey-ed out for me. Wondering if this is plan specific? I'm on the Launch plan

• MattLaro
    MattLaro Member ✭✭
    Options

The partial custom function creation is an amazing idea! How many time I wrote a function, then use it elsewhere and had to copy the said function, strip all the stack I didn't want to use and then had to strip all the stack in the original function… not to mention everything that was prone to mistakes in the process.

Post process variables and access to input is both great features! I was not even sure if the post process was running and I had no idea of the actual result :/, so I ended up not using them at all.

Thank you for fixing the "id" field switching as auth:id instead of basic text :).

• Liz Anaya
    Liz Anaya Member, Administrator

ADMIN

Options

So happy to hear that you all are finding the new features helpful! 🥳 If you have any additional feedback or feature requests, please let us know. We are always looking for ways to improve the product for our users.

• Liz Anaya

ADMIN

Options

@Bootstrapper , the Cloud Storage functions are currently available for Scale (and above) plans.

• mike-k
    mike-k Member
    Options

Great set of changes! Is there a reason that we can't change the color of the live datasource? I think it's important to be able to change that to red so that someone realizes when they are in the live environment…

• Peter
    Peter Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you about the "Quicker Access to Data Source Switching" and the "Partial Custom Function Creation"!. For refactoring it's very usefull !

However, when do you plan to set up a storage system for functions part such as groups or folders?
    I think it's much more important than "What's your favorite color?" Don't you think?

• Liz Anaya

ADMIN

edited August 2023
    Options

@mike-k and @Peter Thank you for your feedback! These are both items we are looking into and are on the roadmap. We'll keep you and the community posted on these. 😄

• sepirak-nick
    sepirak-nick Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Of course now ya'll add Google Cloud Storage functions after I spent an hour or two making my own function to build those signatures and query params for the temporary download URLs. Should've just waited LOL.

• Peter
    Peter Member
    Options

A point that would have deserved a big focus on it: "improvement - better search support for locating parameter names on table entries, variables and columns".

Thank you!

• rupesh
    rupesh Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Dear Xano Team,

That's a great addition to Post Processes feature. Very Useful.

However, I would like to bring up one additional feature that will be very useful. It would be truly remarkable if we could have visibility into the specific errors that occur within the Post Processes. Say for example, if Post Processes had 10 steps, and it got stuck at the 4th step due to some error then this error should be visible in the request history under post processes. This would significantly improve our ability to troubleshoot and address any issues that may arise.

Thanks for your continuous efforts in improving the Xano Platform.

• Liz Anaya

ADMIN

Options

Thank you all for sharing your feedback! 🙏 Every comment is evaluated by our engineering team and used to enhance our product. We value your insights, so please keep the feedback coming!

• Ambroise
    Ambroise Member
    Options

Typing `id` still defaults to `auth.id` though (marked as a bug having been fixed, but not quite)