Flutterflow showing all data as "null"

Options

Hi, building my first fullterflow app with xano. If I set all the fields in the database as "Nullable" = no, then I am getting all fields on the screen displayed as "null". If I set all the fields as "Nullable" = yes, I am getting an flutter error saying was expecting a string but got a null. Please advise how to sort this.

Should "nullable" be "yes" ONLY for fields that could have no value?

Answers

• Lefteris - blupry.com
    Options

Hi @backback,

You should have a Nullable=Yes field only in case a null value has a logical point in your application.

Generally speaking that is rarely going to be the case.

When Nullable=no and the field's value is empty, flutterflow tries to display the "empty" string and that's why it displays null.

When Nullable=yes and the field's value is null while flutterflow expects a string, it throws the error you see.

• backback
    backback Member
    Options

@Lefteris - Buynocodeapps Thanks for a detailed helpful answer :claps: In this case, it was a noob mistake. I used the flutterflow custom name of the field created within flutterflow as the json path instead of the actual field names used in xano. So the call was not fetching anything and flutterflow was showing null. Once I fixed the json path its working now :) Thanks again.