Removing marketplace extension without deleting associated tables, functions, etc.

Options

I'd love to be able to remove a marketplace extension without it deleting everything that comes with it. My use case is:

• I downloaded the Magic Link with Sendgrid extension for the magic link functions and endpoints, but never planned to set up Sendgrid (we use Postmark)
  • I have everything set up properly using the endpoints and functions from this extension to generate magic links and send via Postmark's API, but Xano is reminding me to finish configuring the extension
  • When I go to remove the extension, I get the message:
    • This will uninstall all components that were initially installed by this extension - including any modifications to any of these components. This action can lead to data loss. To prevent accidental actions we ask you to confirm your intention.
  • If I remove it, I am pretty sure it will delete the endpoints and extensions that I'm relying on

It doesn't keep me up at night, but I could see this as a source of confusion as we grow our team and have a handful of half-configured extensions that we can't remove. It'd be great if you could opt to keep the functions/endpoints/generated tables that come with an extension when removing it.

Jack

Comments

• Lachlan
    Lachlan Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hey @jackb,

Thank you for taking the time to detail this inconvenience. We're currently exploring making snippets and extensions more straightforward and streamlined. I'm adding your suggestions to the wishlist and will hopefully see some positive updates in the not-too-near future.