Data format..

Options

Hi team, I have a quick question for the group. When I submit (Post) data to one of my tables using Android it shows the correct data format but when I submit the same data using iPhone the format in completely off. Example - when submit 10,6,2,12,78 it shows up in the table as 10%2C6%2C2%2C12%2C78. This is not additional config (nothing fancy) to the endpoints/API i'm doing - its using all general out of the box (CRUD) when the table was created.

My front end it Thunkable. I've tried recreating the app twice in Thunkable's environment and deploying to the dev appstore just to see if it was Thunkable's test app that was causing the issue and got the same result from the Thunkable test app and dev appstore deployment.

If I remove the space or non-numeric characters from between the numbers it show up in the table without the %2C. That doesn't work for me as I need to identify what the numbers are e.g: 106 or 10,6. So it seems like there is an interpretation issue with spaces between the character set.

Once again it only happen when I test from an iPhone whether via Thunkable's test app or test deployment to the dev appstore. With Android I don't have this issue. Please help!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• arturosanz
    arturosanz Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Apply the url_decode filter directly to the input and it will convert 10%2C6%2C2%2C12%2C78 into 10,6,2,12,78. It won't do anything when you receive 10,6,2,12,78. So, no matter what you receive, the result will be what you need.

• Baja
    Baja Member
    Options

Hi arturosanz, thanks for the response - I will try your method and let you know what the outcome is.