Temporarily disable API endpoints

Options

Hi everyone!

Fairly simple question, but is there a way to disable API so they can't be used without deleting them?

I know I can delete and re-create them if needed, but being able to lock/unlock endpoints would be helpful and I haven't found a way to do this using the support docs or community resources.

Thanks in advance ☺️

Comments

• Louis Machado - CSA
    Louis Machado - CSA Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hello Ilan,

Can you please elaborate more on your use case and why you would want to do that?

Typically, in a project, there are API endpoints that are public-facing and others that are internal for system maintenance. Some of the latter are used recurrently, and some are not, but generally, there is no need to disable them.

I wonder if you could keep the API endpoint unpublished, but I'll wait for your input to suggest something.

• ilan
    ilan Member
    Options

Hi Louis,

Once my application is deployed and stable, the above functionality would not be necessary. But while I'm building, this functionality would be useful to allow me to keep created endpoints that I don't currently need but may in the future in a way that easily allows me to see which are 'live' and which are disabled.

Based on your comment above, I suppose the equivalent would be an unpublish option, after the endpoint has already been established.

I guess it's not 100% critical, but from a UX perspective would be useful…