How to let people register with an invitation code

Options

Hi,

I am building this webapp (webflow - wized - xano) where people can create an account but they do need to have an invitation code. So we have a registration form with name, company name, email, invitation code, and password. The invitation code needs to match with the email.

I am not sure what would be the best way to set this up. Does anybody have any pointers for me?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Lefteris - blupry.com
    Options

Hey @Marcel Deelen,

There are many ways, I am going to write down the easiest one to set up, and considerably not bad even for production applications.

Once an invitation for a specific email has been made, you can post a user on your main user table (where you should add a boolean "signed_up" and set it as false, just for any further record querying, in order to filter out users that never signed up in the end).

When someone tries to register, you check if their email is on the table and that they have the boolean "signed_up" set to false, if yes you proceed into "PATCH"ing the rest of the information they provided and turn the boolean "signed_up" into true.

Hope that helps!