How to format email body text

Options

I have a Task that sends an email to a list of users via sendgrid_basic_send.

The sending works fine.

My question is about the email body. I created a text variable and entered the body text into the value field. This is basically a string of text. Is there a way to format the text, e.g. new lines? I need 2 or 3 lines of text.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Pawel Magdanski
    Pawel Magdanski Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Usually I'm creating a structure of the email in sendgrid dynamic email and put parameters wherever I need some dynamic text. If in your case a fair share of email content is static across the users you are sending it to I would suggest to explore that path.

• Mr_English
    Mr_English Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Cameron B That's really helpful for getting me started. Thanks Cameron.

Answers

• Cameron B
    Cameron B Member, Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    "value": "<p>hello from twilio sendgrid! </p><p>sending with the email service trusted by developers and marketers for <strong>time-savings</strong>, <strong>scalability</strong>, and <strong>delivery expertise</strong>. </p><p>%open-track%</p>"Sengrid's basic send, without a template, uses HTML that you pass within the content object.

Sengrid's basic send, without a template, uses HTML that you pass within the content object.

I pasted the value from their cURL example found here. I then formatted it with jsonlint.com for easy reading. Hope this helps :)

• Mr_English
    Options

@Pawel Magdanski Dynamic templates definitely look like the way to go in the future. Thanks.