Text Filter require scalar value error

Options

Hi, please see here: I had a fgunction that WAS working, I added a step, now it gives me a scalar value error... I deleted that step, it still give me the error... 

https://www.loom.com/share/6542158240524940af069fb53265fe90?sid=a21d2bd4-cb2c-4c7a-b04b-4aeea3080b1e

Best Answer

• Liz Anaya
    Liz Anaya Member, Administrator

ADMIN

edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Mark.H! Seems like this issue was fixed. 🙌 I'm going to add some context to this post so that others experiencing similar issues can learn from it. 😊

The error text filter requires a scalar value essentially means that a list is being sent to a single field or input.

The debugger displays the sequence leading up to the function in which the error occurs, indicating that the issue likely lies within your edit record function.

This loom video describes the concepts further: https://www.loom.com/share/6ea754e393634aebb78f5f3f130eaf5f?sid=7c360c46-d24f-4fd9-94a1-d4633ad05093

A quick tip: Ensure the variables you are providing on the field that is expecting a single input, unless it's being saved into an array or an object, is also a scalar value itself.

Answers

• mike-k
    mike-k Member
    Options

I put a couple comments in your video. That scalar value error usually means that it's expecting a string or number but is instead getting an object or array. What is the transcript variable value?

• Mark.H
    Mark.H Member
    Options

The transcript variable value is text only. No punctuation or anything either. Just a block of text. It's odd that that one step would have a problem with it and the other steps woudlnt, they all reference it the exact same way.

• mike-k
    mike-k Member
    Options

Ok, well in my experience, that's what you need to look for. text filters where you are passing in something that is not text. Good luck with it.

• Liz Anaya
    Liz Anaya Member, Administrator

ADMIN

Options

Hey @Mark.H,

I can see why this is frustrating. Can you reach out to us via support chat by clicking 'Support' in the lower-left corner of your instance selection screen? We need to take a closer look at what is happening.