Exciting Changes Ahead: We're Moving to a New Community Platform 🎉

Options
Liz Anaya
Liz Anaya Member, Administrator

ADMIN

edited November 2023 in ? Announcements

Hi there, Xano Community Members, 

We are thrilled to announce that on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, we are transitioning to a brand-new Community platform. This change comes after considerable reflection and agreement that transitioning to a new platform is our next great step in providing you with a more enhanced user experience.

Some of the improvements you’ll see in the new Community include: 

• 🌐 Discover the latest Xano content.
  • 🪄 Submit and vote on feature requests without the need to navigate to a separate platform.
  • 🔐 Sign in seamlessly with your Xano account.
    • Important: If your Xano account email is different from your Community account email, please see this post.

We're also introducing a section where you can stay updated on any known Xano issues, see current statuses, and learn about available workarounds. Plus, the platform will offer clearer visibility into unresolved questions, ensuring everyone receives the support they need. 

We acknowledge that this is our second migration in the last 18 months, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during the previous transition. Please rest assured we are rigorously working to ensure that this move is much smoother. We are optimistic that the new Community space will better meet your needs and provide an overall improved experience.

🗓 Important dates:   

• Wednesday, November 15th, 2023 - The new Community is set to go live!
  • Monday, November 13th, 2023 (starting at 11:30 a.m. PST) -  The current Community will be permanently turned to read-only mode. 
    • Should you have any queries between Monday, November 13th, and Wednesday, November 15th, please reach out to support by clicking the 'Support' option in the lower-left corner of your screen anywhere inside Xano.

We want to express our profound gratitude for your continuous participation and support. We are beyond excited to welcome you to our new, improved Community space and embark on this enhanced journey together!

Warm regards,

Liz Anaya Ramos
Developer Community Manager

Comments

• Liz Anaya

ADMIN

Options

Important: To access the new platform, simply log in using your Xano account. 

Exciting times ahead! As we make the switch to our new Community platform, we're streamlining the sign-in process to make your experience as smooth as possible. You'll be able to sign in to the new platform effortlessly through your Xano account.

Is your current Community account registered with a different email? 
    You can easily update your email address in the Community to match your Xano account. Just head over to your Community profile and select 'Edit Profile' to make the change.

Here is a quick video guide on how to do this: How to Change Your Community Email.

Please update your email by Sunday, November 12th, to ensure your content matches your account correctly in the new platform. 

If you have any questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

What happens if I don’t update my Community email address to match my Xano account? 
    If you do not update your Community account with your Xano email, you will then have two Community accounts. One linked to your Xano account email and one associated with the legacy Community. Your contributions, including questions, discussions, and comments, will remain under the legacy Community account. To log in, you would need to create a free Xano account using the email for the legacy Community account.

To consolidate your contributions, we recommend that you update your Community email address to the email address associated with the Xano account you use most often. Please update your email by Sunday, November 12th.

What if I have issues logging in?

Please reach out to support by clicking the 'Support' option in the lower-left corner of your screen anywhere inside Xano.

• simon
    simon Member
    Options

I am using xano for work most often at the moment, but would like to use my personal email for the community. Does this mean I have to create a second Xano account with my privat email, even though I am currently not using it often? Thanks

• Liz Anaya

ADMIN

Options

Hey @simon! That is correct. To keep using your personal email for the community, please create a free Xano account using your personal email. This will ensure that you can smoothly log in to the new platform.

• Rajiv Chopra
    Options

@Liz Anaya My email on Xano and the Xano community is the same but different passwords. I use my Gmail to authenticate logging into the Xano community. Would that be fine with the new community platform?

• Liz Anaya

ADMIN

Options

Hey @Rajiv Chopra! 👋

Great question! When you access the new community platform, you will be directed to sign in through Xano. You'll have the option to log in with Gmail, and because your email is the same in both Xano and the community, you'll be able to log in just fine. 😊