How to filter 39,000 records in a searchbox

Options
FlorianH
FlorianH Member

Hi team,

I am a beginner on Xano and Weweb and I would like to filter a table with more than 39 000 records in order to display cities in a searchbox on Weweb.

Could you show me how to filter from Xano so that the Weweb editor doesn't crash by creating a Get API collection?

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• Chris Coleman
    Chris Coleman Administrator

ADMIN

Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @FlorianH. It kind of depends on what the parameters of the filter are. You'll need WeWeb to send these parameters to Xano, so Xano can use them in your Query All Records statement.

For the basics on how this function works, here's some documentation on that, which will explain how to filter the records returned. You also have the ability to implement paging based on page number / items per page parameters that your frontend would send, which will only return a certain number of records at one time, which could help here.

For a more advanced implementation, we also have Fuzzy Search functionality, which might make sense for you depending on the data being queried.

Once you have your query behaving how you want, it's also important to familiarize yourself with indexing on a table of that size, as indexing based on the query being performed can have a major positive impact on query performance.

• sweekark
    sweekark Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @FlorianH ,

I think using pagination on xano should help you as suggested, because the no of records in your table is huge

Answers