"set_ifhas" conditional filter

Options
I watched the video about the new conditional set filters features:

and would be awesome to have one more when working if paths and or nodes of "objects" my case is attached:[xano_feature_002.png]

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hi  I'll pass this along to the team and see if it's something we can add
  • Sean Montgomery
    Sean Montgomery Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hey ,

We reviewed this and need a bit more clarification but we think we might know the issue. If you are using dot notation, it throws an exception for anything that doesn't exist.

A way around this is to use the get filter because you can use a default value.

Example:
    var:event.ip vs var:event|get("ip", null)

Assuming that the get filter will help your use case, then I think you may be ok using a combination of that and the set_ifnotnull.

Let us know if we missed the point here and if so, give us some more details and examples.
  • Daniel Rjeili
    Options
     , it worked as you suggested ! 👏
    I attached the "new version" (even better) of "update variable routine" to compare with the first one I sent:
    [xano_feature_003.png]
    and now I am having a better response (complete and consistent) with the "ip" showing always ( with null or with some value). Take a look (before if it hasn't the "ip node" there wasn't the input of "ip" path at the response ) :
    [xano_feature_004.png]Thank you so much ! Super fast answer ! But I think you and  can digg a little bit more and see if still there is something to add with this case. 👍