Tasks fail and/or bug

Options
I believe that in the difficulty in making a task to work that I created I found a bug. For the sake of demonstration I created a similar (EssayToTestTask #6)but simple task:
1) Query all users
2) For each user it updates a field: countURC with a value from variable created (3)
3) Create a variable "paramToTest"
Then i tried 2 scenarios:
3.1) update the variable value from/with addons (would be "1000").
3.2) update the variable value with static value ("2000").
The point is: I tested BOTH 3.1 and 3.2 with "Run and Debug" and it works PERFECTLY and UPDATES users table. But when runs through schedule the task at "Task History" I have 2 different unsuccessful results one for each scenario:
3.1) error: "Unable to locate var: each_user.AppUserSet.AppSet.paramToTest" : WITHOUT UPDATES on users table.
3.2) "success" also : WITHOUT UPDATES on users table.

I am missing something🤔  or there is something to diagnose and correct 🔍 🛠️ on Xano side? Thanks in advance in any attention invest 🙂
[xano_bug_001.jpg]

Comments

• Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Hey  how are you parsing through your data for each_user.AppUserSet.AppSet.paramToTest? Are you using dot notation? I suspect that it could be failing because sometimes that path may not exist. If you are using dot notation could you try using the GET filter to grab the path and setting a default value such as null. If that's, the case this will help it from failing. 
  • Daniel Rjeili
    Options
     I am using dot notation, but as I said I tried without “dynamic data” just a variable with static value and the task show succes but dont update user table
  • Daniel Rjeili
    Options
     In parallel I will try take of dot notation and try GET. And see what we have as result of the task.
  • Michael Udinski
    Michael Udinski Administrator

ADMIN

Options
    Ah yes I see what you mean now... I'll need to take a closer look at your task to see if we can pinpoint why that's doing that
  • Daniel Rjeili
    Options
    Case solved ! The response speed of this team is unbelievable! Congratulations and thank you all so much!
  •    What was the solution here? I might be running into similar issues.
  • Daniel Rjeili
    Options
     in the time I had this issue the Xano team solved internally. I think  can help you also.